M&A Training Course
The Core Mergers and Acquisitions Skills programme (M&A training course), for the duration of Covid 19 restrictions delivered as a webinar, is a three day programme that teaches all the commercial and technical skills you will need to confidently lead or support a successful M&A transaction.
Guided by our expert tutors you move through the M&A process from strategy and deal origination to valuation, due diligence, deal structuring, contract negotiation. and post-merger integration.
The course is designed for established executives in the flow of their careers with a strong emphasis on the practical rather than the theoretical. Each section of the course provides tools and approaches that you can be taken back to your company and put straight into action.
Our tutors have hands-on experience gained as part of management teams making successful acquisitions and the course is rich with case studies and real-world examples based on their practical mergers and acquisitions experience.
This course is independently accredited by the Continuing Professional Development Association to provide hours or points that can be applied to the CPD requirements of professional bodies.
Level: Entry level to Intermediate
CPD: 21 CPD hours
For the duration of the COVID 19 emergency our Core Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) Skills training course will be delivered as a webinar. This is an established and proven approach for The Merger Training Institute. All training dates for the Core Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) Skills training course up to December 2020 are currently planned as webinars. The dates for resumption of M&A training courses on a face to face basis are of course subject to public health advice.
Delivering courses by webinar allows for flexibility of dates. Subject to tutor availability it may be possible to schedule an M&A training course for small groups, or even individuals, on dates of your choosing.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN AT THIS M&A TRAINING COURSE?
Delegates learn how to:
- Align mergers and acquisitions activity with commercial and financial strategy;
- Research targets, get meetings and turn prospects into profitable deals;
- Prepare realistic valuations, calculate deal returns and avoid the temptation to overpay;
- Apply effective negotiation strategies;
- Structure deals to achieve protective legal and payment structures;
- Run high quality, multi-disciplinary due diligence processes that focus on the key risks and objectively assess the potential for synergies;
- Set up and run an effective post-merger integration project that fully delivers the expected synergies.
Linking M&A to Strategy
Contract Negotiation & Deal Structure
Business Valuation & Business Case
Post Merger Integration
WHO ATTENDS THIS M&A TRAINING COURSE?
Typical participants are executives and professionals at large corporations either already involved or likely to become involved with M&A transactions:
- From a wide range of rolls including general management, business development, strategy, marketing, finance, human resources, operations and legal.
- From a wide range of industries, commerce and the professions;
- From all over the world – most courses involve students from multiple countries.
WHEN AND WHERE DOES THIS M&A TRAINING COURSE RUN?
Webinars: August 24-26, 2020/ September 28-30, 2020 / October 26-28, 2020 / November 25-27, 2020
London: January 25-27, 2021 / March 22-24, 2021 / May 24-26, 2021
Dubai: February 28 – March 2, 2021
Singapore: February 22-24, 2021
Webinar: £1600 plus VAT (20%)
Note: Participants located outside the European Union do not pay VAT for webinars. For EU customers VAT reverse charges regulations (No VAT charged) apply until December 31, 2020.
London: £2000 plus VAT (20%)
Note: Participants from outside the European Union can reclaim VAT. For EU customers VAT reverse charges regulations (No VAT charged) apply until December 31, 2020.
London: Institute of Directors, Pall Mall, central London
Dubai: Hyatt Regency, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Singapore: Grand Hyatt Singapore, Singapore