ABOUT OUR IN-HOUSE M&A TRAINING COURSES
In-house M&A courses can be provided on a date of your choice, at any worldwide location.
This might be one of our standard mergers and acquisitions programmes, or a tailored course assembled from the learning modules covered in our M&A syllabus. It is also possible to develop bespoke material focused on the M&A issues typically faced in your own industry.
We can run courses for up to 50 participants, but a large number of delegates is not a prerequisite for running an in-house course. In-house M&A training courses often run even for single participants when an employer has an urgent or confidential training requirement.
HOW DO EMPLOYERS BENEFIT FROM IN-HOUSE M&A TRAINING COURSES?
Running a course as an in-house M&A training course programme has a number of advantages for an employer:
- If several employees are to be trained travel and accommodation costs can be kept to a minimum.
- Training location expenses can be discounted from the fee if the training takes place at your own facilities.
- Learning modules from our full M&A syllabus can be mixed and matched to create a course tailored to your organisation’s specific training needs.
- Extra time can be spent on issues of particular importance to your organisation.
- Emphasis can be placed on themes in the training material that are of particular relevance to your industry.
- Bespoke material based on specific industry issues, or even a particular scenario relevant to your company, can be developed.
DEVELOPING BESPOKE M&A TRAINING MATERIAL FOR AN IN-HOUSE M&A TRAINING COURSE
If large numbers of delegates are to be trained, or it is envisioned that there will be a continuing need to provide training for new entrants, it may be practical and cost effective to develop bespoke material focused on your industry. A couple of examples from our client base illustrate the situations where this might be relevant:
Electronic publishing giant Thomson Reuters has a 20 strong EMEA sales team selling M&A focused proprietary information system to large corporates. They asked The Merger Training Institute to develop a course showing how a Thomson Reuters client would use the features of the system at different stages of an M&A transaction. We developed a 2 day course on this theme, plus a half day refresher 3 months later. A film was made of the course to be used as a training aid for all new entrants.
Smith & Nephew
Medical devices multinational Smith & nephew are involved in M&A activity across their global operations. Like many large corporations executives with M&A experience are unevenly distributed across their various operating divisions and territories. They recognised a need for a global operating methodology for M&A to ensure all projects are executed to the same professional standard. We ran a 3 day course for 15 directors and senior managers from across their global operation. All the delegates had extensive M&A experience. The course revolved around an extended case study. The output from the course has been turned into an operating procedure used for all the corporation’s M&A transactions.