Covid 19 Procedures
KEEPING YOU SAFE
Covid 19 Procedures: As a merger training organisation we recognise the need to provide a safe environment for participants and tutors. This is even more important in these challenging times.
This page sets out the procedures we have adopted to adjust to the COVID 19 pandemic. If you have any questions at all about our COVID 19 procedures don’t hesitate to get in touch.
DON’T ATTEND IF YOU ARE UNWELL
Keeping the training environment COVID 19 safe begins with you. Do not attend the training if you:
- Are experiencing any coronavirus symptoms.
- Are self-isolating as a result of coronavirus symptoms or sharing a household or support bubble with somebody with symptoms.
- Are clinically extremely vulnerable and cannot shield during your journey to the venue.
- Have been advised by the NHS test and trace service that you should self isolate.
We will check with all participants prior to attendance that they do not fit into one of these categories.
Participants will also be asked to complete a self-declaration form stating they are free of COVID-19 symptoms on arrival, and agree to comply with social distance rules during the course.
CREATING A COVID SAFE F2F TRAINING ENVIRONMENT
We hold our London training course at the Institute of Directors, 116 Pall Mall, central London. The following protective measures are in place throughout the building:
- A clearly marked out one way system, and 2m guides in areas of congestion or queueing.
- Signage placed at strategic points in the building reminding people to frequently clean their hands.
- Free to use hand sanitisation stations.
- You will be asked to wear face masks at all times when outside the training room.
The Institute of Directors has produced this video to explain their approach to hosting safe meetings.
The following procedures have been put in place to help keep the training room COVID 19 safe:
- All touch points will be sanitised before the training starts.
- The training room will be organised in a way that allows all participants to safely stick to social distancing
guidance, and mitigates risks of transmission.
- There will be a safe distance of 2m between seats and each delegate will have an assigned seat.
- Seats and tables will be arranged and positioned to minimise contamination from breathing.
- Sanitising stations will be freely available in the training room.
- With 2m spacing between participants it is not compulsory to wear face masks in the training room, but a supply of disposable face masks will be made available if you wish to wear a mask.
- Documents will be shared online before the course and paper copies in the room kept to a minimum.
- Catering will be provided in an individually packed format (There are open spaces within easy walking distance if you wish to eat outside).
- The training room will be sanitised at the end of each training day (tables, chairs, door handles, surfaces).
NHS Test and Trace Requirements
To comply with the test and trace regulations the following procedures will be followed:
- Each participant will be asked to provide contact details to be used if necessary by NHS test and trace.
- Participants will receive an email immediately following training course advising them to report any COVID symptoms that occur within 14 days of the course to NHS test and trace, and to The Merger Training Institute.
- If requested by NHS test and trace The Merger Training Institute will provide the contact details of all participants.
For more information on our merger training Covid 19 procedures, don’t hesitate to get in touch.